Aireys Inlet Beach Bush House
Nestled amongst the coastal bush land of Aireys Inlet on Victoria’s South Coast, the interior decoration of this weekender home was designed to capitalise on the bush views, creating a tranquil retreat that encourages you to exhale!
All of the furnishings were selected to compliment the architecture and the surrounding environment and to foster that AHH feeling!
Let’s talk about some of the details:
- With scene stealers like the bluestone fire surround, and the coastal bush views that are visible through the expansive windows surrounding the living area, a neutral colour palette was selected for the furnishings, to achieve that exhale feeling that our clients longed for.
- A coffee table with just the right zing with its orange legs was custom designed for the space. What a lovely fortuitous moment that the orange we used on the legs of the custom designed coffee table match so perfectly with the flames of the fire.
- Soft furnishings were used in the bedrooms to individualise each room.
- The custom designed external screens were designed with a subtle pattern reference to the home owners New Zealand heritage.
- Fun fact – the screens around the garden were designed with a height clearance above ground so as not to get in the way of the local wombats wanderings!
“Camilla is the reason why everyone who walks into our home says WOW over all the detail. She heard what I asked for & delivered above & beyond!”
-Client, Aireys Inlet Beach bush house
Featured in House & Garden Top 50 rooms 2015
Architect Millar Robertson Architects
Photography by Derek Swalwell
Photographic styling by Ruth Welsby